Location of the Future for International Business and Investment
• Skilled labour force with excellent working habits
• Encouraging business and investment environment
• Convenient geo-strategic location
• Modern business infrastructure
• Available primary products
• Access to CEE market
• Developing and growing county
Vukovar-Srijem County occupies a part of Slavonija and Srijem, geographic regions on the east of Croatia, and it is as such Croatia's easternmost county. Given that the County borders two countries, the Republic of Serbia on the east and Bosnia and Herzegovina on the south, it has an important geostrategic position for the Republic of Croatia.
The favourable geographic position of the County, which represents a significant traffic transversal route in the east-west and north-south direction and very well developed road, railway and river traffic, are a significant advantage of this area when it comes to opening towards the east-European markets.
Vukovar-Srijem County has huge potential in agriculture and forestry and its geographic location makes it an excellent stakeholder in logistics and all types of transport of people, goods and services. It is open to new opportunities and investment, and it bases its economy on high-quality and skilled workforce and sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage and very high level of social inclusion.
- Qualified work force – represents one of the main resources of the Vukovar-Srijem County. A part from the necessary investments in capital, the future economic development of the county will rely primarily on highly skilled and highly educated workforce.
- Easy access to markets – due to its geographic location, and thanks to the availability of natural resources, it is important to invest in the implementation of modern technologies and knowledge in „know-how“, which will bring added value and represent another competitive advantage of Vukovar-Srijem County economy.
- Strategic location – Vukovar-Srijem County has an excellent geographic position representing an important traffic route in the direction of east-west and north-south. Road, rail and river traffic is also very well developed which simplifies the access to east European markets, and is therefore another advantage of our County.
- Infrastructure – there are 9 business zones available with all the necessary infrastructure and are ready for investors.
- Quality of life - is manifested in rich exibitions in museums, theaters, musical events, restaurants, wine cellars, hunter´s houses, agricultural tourism facilities.
Download Vukovar-Srijem County brochure - Invest in your future!